Nov 19, 2010
Protection International has a new online Protection Manual for Human Rights Defenders (3rd Edition)
Research and text by Enrique Eguren Fernández and Marie Caraj, 2009, 213 pages
chapters include (for live links to these and more PDF's go their site)
CH 1.5 - PREVENTING AND REACTING TO AGGRESSION - download: PDF
* Assessing the likelihood of different kinds of aggression taking place..
* Preventing possible direct aggression against defenders..
* Carrying out counter - surveillance..
CH 1.8 - IMPROVING SECURITY AT WORK AND HOME - download: PDF
* Assessing security at work or at home.
* Planning, improving and checking security in offices and homes.
CH 1.9 - SECURITY FOR WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS - download: PDF
* Looking at security from the perspective of women human rights defenders.
* Providing both women and men human rights defenders with additional security/protection knowledge and tools.
CH 2.2 - MAKING SURE SECURITY RULES AND PROCEDURES ARE FOLLOWED” - download: PDF
* To think about what makes members and organisations unable or unwilling to follow security plans and procedures, and find appropriate solutions.
CH 3.2 - DETENTION, ARREST, ABDUCTION AND KIDNAPPING OF A DEFENDER” - download: PDF
CH 3.4 - SECURITY AND FREE TIME - download: PDF
they have lots of other great publications here